Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Scholars Resource offers high quality digital images for educational institutions. NewSchool faculty and students can set up an account and log in to access over 25,000 high quality images.
Want to Publish?
If you are thinking about publishing in an academic journal, check out
Completely free collection of art history images published under creative commons licensing.
Library Instruction can include an introduction to library collections and resources, research skill building, information literacy, proper use of citations, and subject specific guidance on request.
Schedule a Library Instruction session
Class Visit: Library Staff can visit your online classroom to introduce students to library resources and offer instruction. Sessions can be anything from 15 minutes to an hour and are a great way to support students at the beginning of term or prior to a research paper assignment. Example instruction topics include:
- finding and using images effectively and ethically
- overview of library resources
- library databases
- the research process and tips for thesis
- evaluating resource reliability
- using Wikipedia for research
- plagiarism and APA citation
Any combination of these can be designed to address a specific class project.
Considerations for Library Instruction
- Schedule at least two weeks prior to the class period.
- If you are engaged your students are more likely to join the discussion. We ask that you be present during the session, take part in discussion, and assist in exercises.
- If possible we would love to see samples of student work after the sessions have occurred to help us determine what their needs are and how we can best assist them and you.
RICHARD WELSH LIBRARY at NewSchool of Architecture +Design
1249 F Street San Diego CA 92101
619 684 8783