Borrowing Privileges FAQS
Who can borrow books?
• Current Students • Faculty • Local Alumni • AIA San Diego Members
How many books can I check out at a time?
- 20 items may be checked out at a time
- thesis books are limited to 1 check out at a time
- magazines are limited to 2 check outs at time
I have no connection to NewSchool, can I still use the library?
How do I get an account?
- When you enroll at NewSchool an account is generated for you. Having trouble accessing library materials? Contact Us
How do I renew my items?
My items are not renewing, what's wrong?
- Items can be renewed a maximum of three times OR
- Another student has requested the item
Someone has the item I need, what do I do?
I can't make it into the library until later, can you save a book for me?
How will I know my hold is ready?
- You will receive 2 emails:
- Confirms you placed the hold
- Notifies you that the hold item is ready for pick up
Where is my hold located?